This section of the 1769 map clearly shows the area around the crossroads. We can
see that there are two roads heading towards Molash, one in the same place as today(2006)
and another opposite the end of todays Blind Lane.
We wil see on other pages that the road through Molash does not continue on to Canterbury.
Clearly the road from Faversham to Ashford is shown as the widest and most important,
whereas the roads through Challock are much narrower.
Nine Chimneys can be picked out above the letters C & h of Challock and the original
Mill Lane is clearly shown running from the Faversham road past the mill and coming
out opposite the entrance to Church Lane