Kent Village of the year 2004
One owner of Nine Chimneys around 1927 was a Mr Leacock
The old bakehouse was run by three Chapman brothers and it is interestesting that they were descended from the owner of the challock windmill which was burnt down in 1906.
Coombs Bunglow, burnt down late 20’s.
Picture supplied by Hugh Potter
The picture shows the remains of a Bungalow, built by Capt Worthington in the mid 20’s and burnt down a year or so later. The shed in the back of the picture is a poultry house which stood until the 50’s.
Background information supplied by Fred Hams.
Click on picture for full size.
Picture supplied by Fred Hams